Trinity High School
Tel: 01527 585859
Easemore Rd, Redditch, Worcs, B98 8HB
The school began as the Redditch County High School, a grammar school with around 1,000 boys and girls, with 200 in the sixth form. The school operated a house system with four houses, Angles, Celts, Jutes and Saxons. The main school buildings opened in 1932. It became a comprehensive school in 1974, and was renamed the Abbey High School after the nearby ruins of Bordesley Abbey, continuing to operate the original house system. In 2001 the Abbey High School was closed and reopened as Trinity High School and Sixth Form Centre. In 2004, Trinity became a Business and Enterprise specialist school, and on 1 August 2011 Trinity became Redditch’s first Independent State Funded Academy.